We are extremely happy to announce the target launch date of two awesome new features: real-time online licensing and $0.99 downloads. We're hard at work integrating our secure e-commerce platform and are in fact ready to perform all relevant credit card transactions, in real time, as we speak. Here's what clients can expect from each of these new revenue-generating features:
License Now - The "License Now" button will appear on song detail pages. The music rep has full control over which songs are available for online licensing and which are not. For those songs that aren't available, we'll simply hide the "License Now" button. We're also building a powerful administration tool that allows music reps to create and apply rate cards to one or more songs at a time - something we know we've nailed and are very excited to share. If a licensor is hesitant to pay the listed price for a license but doesn't want to give up on it, they can use the "Make an offer" tool we're integrating into online licensing. When you finish these great features up with our license & invoice PDF-generator, you've got our end-to-end online licensing product that's going to change the way many people conduct business in the space. We can't wait.
$0.99 Downloads - We know editors, music supervisors, and media creators need to download mp3's to try them out in their project. We also know that most are accustomed to paying $0.99 at iTunes and other consumer music outlets to get their hands on the song they need. So, for those catalog owners/rights holders who would like to monetize the deep library of content they have on the SourceAudio platform, they can simply enable the new $0.99 download feature that will launch alongside online licensing. Every time a song gets downloaded the music rep gets paid.
One last thing: our fees are going to be ridiculously low for all of this. Stay tuned for more information on that front as we get closer to launch!
We are excited to announce one of the biggest advancements to the platform since the day we began - the Admin panel and Dashboard. This new section of the site gives music reps ultimate control over which users have access to their site, who is playing their music, who is downloading, and what types of music users are searching for. They can also see detailed charts and reports that let them know what songs are being played the most, what's being downloaded most often, who has been sent songs or track bundles, who opened and played these songs and bundles, and a lot more. Not only is this new section of the site a big step forward for SourceAudio but it's also a leap forward for digital music licensing and distribution overall. We've brought legitimate business intelligence tools to the music licensing industry. Here's a quick rundown of all that's included:
In the Dashboard
- Easily find the songs you've recently played, requested to download, and received via our sending tool in your "Activity Overview" section
- All projects and songs that have been sent to you are stored in your "Received" section
- All projects and songs that you have sent to others are stored in your "Sent" section
- Store and retrieve all download bundles that have been sent to you in your "Download Status" section
- Quickly find the songs you've recently played and downloaded in your "History" section
- Customize the automatic email messages that get sent to your clients when you send them track bundles in your "Mail Format" section - send your users a custom email, written by you, that lets them know when and why the've been sent a bunch of new tracks
In the Admin Panel
- View, approve and deny all new site registration & download requests in your "User Requests" section
- Promote tracks, albums, artists and labels on your site in the "Feature" section
- Create, edit, remove and set access permissions for users in the "Manage Users" section
- Update the metadata on 1 song or 25,000+ songs all at once through our rules tool in the "Manage Metadata" section
- View detailed reporting on music playback, downloads, user activity and search trends in the "View Statistics" section
- Customize your site's layout and interface through the tools in the "Edit Site Settings" section
We told you there was some pretty awesome stuff in here. Stay tuned for more news and updates!
With almost 25,000 tracks, Manhattan Music launches the newest music licensing site on the SourceAudio platform. Their catalog consists of 7 labels and over 450 albums from 7,000+ artists. Dig into their music to see all they have to offer and listen out for their songs in a television show, movie, trailer or other major production coming to you soon.