From time to time we like to give everyone a peek into what's going on at SourceAudio beyond general site and client support. We've always got some big initiatives in the queue that we chip away at on a daily basis. We're fast approaching 100 music seller (library) sites on the network and we just launched version 1 of the buyer network yesterday in the form of 7 new sites for LA-based theatrical marketing companies. There's a lot of great stuff happening so we figured we'd give you a look into what's being worked on now and what's coming down the pipe. We think you'll really like what you'll see.
- Beta launch and support of the first 7 Buyer sites. We just launched a handful of buyer sites and we're working with these clients to help them get familiar with the site and everything they have to offer. We're also improving the filtering options so search is as simple and accurate as possible. Ease of use and discovery is critical on these sites.
- Fixing/enhancing the cue sheet builder. Many sites have the cue sheet tool enabled (email me if you don't have it enabled and you want it turned on) and while it works, it's not perfect. We're tightening that up as we speak.
- Fixing how waveforms are generated on new uploads. Some of you have noticed issues with waveforms not generating properly on new uploads. We're fixing that. You won't see that happen any longer in the near future.
- Direct & instant file downloads in project emails. Just like YouSendIt: you receive an email, there's a link to download within the email body, and you simply click to download everything in the zip. We're making that happen for your project emails right now.
- Project sharing. That's right, collaborative projects - think Google docs. You can create a project, share it with other admins, and anyone can add tracks, remove tracks, and send it to clients at anytime. It's a neat way to collaborate with your team.
- Intelligent filtering in search. If I search, "ambient", the genre "Country" probably doesn't apply. So, we're going to gray out any filter options that don't have tracks associated to them on any given search and subsequent filtering. This way the user gets a better indication up front as to where the tracks are and they will (more than likely) never go down a path that returns 0 tracks.
- The Requests Messaging system. Built into each buyer site is a simple form where the buyer can create a new music request and instantly send it out to the libraries on their site. Those libraries will then get an indication that a new request has been posted and they'll be able to log in, read the specifics of the request, and then reply directly through their SourceAudio site with the tracks they think will be perfect for the buyer's specific needs. This is a great new tool to communicate directly with buyers and to submit tracks to every one of their requests.
That's the big stuff for now! Of course once all of these are out the door we'll be moving on to the next big items that include things like sub-admin accounts (for salespeople who need access to certain admin functions but not all of the tools), improving the user lookup & stats section, and much more. Stay tuned as those items get closer to launch!
As part of our beta-test launch we will be creating a secure Source Audio Music Buyer site for 7 of the top post-production and theatrical marketing agencies in Hollywood!
What is a Source Audio Music Buyer site? These are individually branded, secure music search sites created for in-house production purposes by any production company, post production company, advertising agency, music supervision company or any other industry based music licensor. When you agree to have your catalog linked to a Source Audio Music Buyer site, you are providing that company with direct access to all the music content on your own Source Audio site via their own in-house Music Buyer site (if you would like to restrict access to certain portions of your catalog(s) please specify those requirements). All updates, metadata changes, new catalogs and deletions that you make to your Source Audio site are automatically linked to all Music Buyer sites that you are part of.
A major component of our upcoming Music Buyer Network launch will be our all new Requests feature allowing music supervisors to request music and listen and download responses directly from their site. Music Buyers will be able to post requests for specific projects, and you will be able to reply directly to them with tracks from your Source Audio site. It's all tied together in one cohesive system. All Music Buyer sites are fully locked down, with absolutely no non-logged in project creation, sharing, music playing, searching, downloading etc. and every account must be approved by the site administrator. Your content is extremely secure and will be locked down to the maximum capabilities while on the Buyer Network.
To be part of this exciting new release and to have your Source Audio catalogs linked directly to each of the MusicBuyer sites listed above, simply contact us to setup a site on the SourceAudio network. If you already have a site on the network just send us an email and we'll get you all set up. You do not need to agree to all of the sites listed above, so please specify which sites you wish to be on.
You will always have the choice to be added or not to any Source Audio Subscriber site and you can request to be removed at anytime.
We sincerely hope you will be part of this incredible opportunity to have your music directly accessed by some of the greatest post production marketing companies in the biz. Once you enroll in the Buyer Network and as we add more and more buyer sites you will be in a great position to get your music directly in front of more and more of the major music buyers in the industry. If have any questions, please feel free to email or call anytime.