With the metadata embedding feature launched and behind us we're looking forward to launching the next few big items on our roadmap. Here's what you can expect to see in the upcoming weeks:
- Relocating the player to the top of the site. Here's why: it's more prominent, it takes up less space, it's much better for the tablet/mobile experience, and it plays right into feature #3 on this list.
- Relocating login/sign up to the upper right of the site. Here's why: Once we moved the player the login was the only piece that was left at the bottom. Following UI conventions set by Facebook, Twitter, Amazon, Google, Yahoo, etc. and all other sites that rule the Internet, we moved login/sign up to the upper right where all users naturally look for it.
- Project/Playlist enhancements. "Projects" will be re-named "Playlists" across the site since that's what they were referred to by 90% of our users anyway. This won't change a thing about your existing projects though. What will change, along with the updated player, is the ability to quickly jump to "next" and "previous" tracks in the list from the player, and turn on/off autoplay through the list. Like iTunes, Soundcloud etc. we're enabling autoplay on lists to make listening and discovering tracks even easier.
- Playlists Page. This one has been in the works for a while and we're excited to roll it out. Now instead of managing all of your projects/playlists from your "My Projects" widget, you'll have a dedicated page, like an Albums list page, for all of your playlists. You can easily send, edit, download, make playlists public/private, and even collaborate with other admins on your site right from that page.
- Direct project/playlist downloads from emails. No longer do users have to visit your site to download projects/playlists. When you send them the link via the project email system they'll be able to download the tracks to a zip folder from right there.
After these items launch we've got more stuff like better control over the color/style of your site through tools, a genre/sub-genre "advanced search" page, and embedded player that you can embed onto other sites/blogs, and better control over custom pages. No ETA on any of this stuff yet but it's on our roadmap and we'll get to it soon!
We'll let everyone know as each of these items launches. You'll be hearing from us again soon!