» Introducing the New "Sync Management Tool" in your Admin Panel
If you make your catalogs, labels, and metadata available on buyer sites, network sites, sub-publisher sites, or any other SourceAudio site that aggregates your music alongside other publishers -- as the majority of SourceAudio users do -- this new tool is for you. A frequent requirement of SourceAudio's syncing capabilities is the need to take down music from specific sites, and to do so quickly. The new "Sync Management Tool" allows you to disable the visibility of your music on a site-by-site basis without relying upon us to handle it for you.
» Where Is It and How Does It Work?
In your Admin Panel go to the left "Buyers & Requests" tab. Then, click on the "Syncing" tab to the far right. Once you're here you'll see your catalogs listed in the left panel. Drill down from left to right to display your labels and the sites they appear on. Use the checkboxes listed next to each site in the far right panel to remove a specific label from that specific site. When a label is synced to a site any new music you add to it will instantly appear on that receiving site. Same with labels -- any new label you add to a synced catalog will instantly appear on the receiving sites it is synced to. To remove new labels from any site just use the syncing tool to uncheck the box(es) of the sites you wish to remove it from and you're set. New catalogs will not be automatically synced to any sites -- please contact us to set up new catalogs and syncs for you.
If you have any questions feel free to contact Dan Korobkin at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
SourceAudio, the world’s leading white label music DAM platform is proud to announce an innovative new “Do It Yourself” e-commerce solution, SourceAudio E-Commerce. The announcement was made today by Geoffrey Grotz, CEO, SourceAudio.
The new SourceAudio e-commerce solution gives music publishers the ability to easily create a digital storefront for synchronized music licensing and digital downloads. The new product supports the integration of 3rd party merchant payment processors such as Paypal, Merchant Services, et al. and all major currencies.
“Before SourceAudio E-Commerce, if you were a music publisher who wanted to make your music available for online license you had to either distribute through a 3rd party service or make a big capital and time investment to build your own platform. With SourceAudio E-Commerce, it is orders of magnitude faster, easier and more affordable than ever for music publishers to create their own online licensing and e-commerce storefront.
SourceAudio E-Commerce also benefits the licensee, particularly for synchronized licensing, where licensees prefer to license directly from the publisher, the copyright owner, and can now do so by taking advantage of the ease and speed that online licensing affords.” -Geoffrey Grotz, CEO SourceAudio
The benefits to SourceAudio clients who wish to add a fully-integrated e-commerce store to their SourceAudio site includes: DIY setup, single track or subscription licensing, a fully customizable rate card builder to define and assign price and usage parameters, and coupon codes by which clients can offer their customers download credits and % discounts on subscriptions.
SourceAudio’s e-commerce service works as an add-on to its subscribers’ SourceAudio sites. The fee is $19 plus 2% of each clients’ total monthly licensing revenue, up to $250,000 in gross monthly sales, which will be added to their monthly charges. After $250,000 in monthly sales, platform subscribers keep 100% of the proceeds.
The end users of SourceAudio e-commerce enabled sites will receive a license when their purchase is complete. SourceAudio platform subscribers can upload their own license agreement during the e-commerce setup process. This license will accompany the invoice delivered to the subscribers’ customers at the end of every transaction. End users can also license more than one track at a time as the SourceAudio e-commerce shopping cart supports the ability to add multiple songs with multiple licensing terms and check them out together, all under one invoice.
After a Total Success in Beta It's Time to Launch
We’re pleased to report that SA Detect Beta has been a huge success! We have more than 120 companies using the new service and more than 3 million tracks watermarked. We’re currently monitoring over 80 of the top broadcast and cable channels, and on target to be fully monitoring more than 100 within the next 3-5 weeks. We’re capturing thousands of definitive detections daily and that number will rapidly increase as watermark proliferation accelerates and more channels are monitored. We’re successfully determining whether music is used in programs, promos, commercials, or movie trailers on TV. And finally we’ve conformed our detection reports to ASCAP, BMI and SESAC reporting standards, and are meeting with the PROs on a regular basis to ensure our data can be useful to their survey and distribution methods!
Converting from Beta to a New Subscriber: All current Beta subscribers will be unsubscribed and will receive a message telling them so. You will then be prompted to re-activate your account by providing your credit card information. Upon doing so your account will be reactivated immediately and you will begin to be billed a small monthly fee plus pennies per detection [View the Rate Schedule Here »]. We’ve designed our price structure to be more cost effective than alternative solutions and for you to get the most value out of your detections. Plus, we’ve built in a 6 month discounted ramp up period to keep costs down as you disseminate your watermarked files.
Why Use SA Detect?
SourceAudio Detect is the only solution that can automatically identify and distinguish your music performances in:
Additionally, only SourceAudio Detect offers you these administrative efficiency benefits:
- Video clip capture of every single clip your music appears in for easy auditing and/or dispute resolution
- The ability to export promo logs and cue sheets in a format that's accepted by the PROs today
Next up for SA Detect is:
- More advanced reporting tools to make your performance verification activities faster, easier, and more accurate than ever before
- Expansion into Canada
- Expansion into Europe
- Expansion into Digital/New Media platforms.
If you’re already enrolled in SA Detect then just sit back and let the reports come in. If you haven't signed up and would like to try it out there’s never any commitment and getting started couldn’t be simpler. Just visit the “SA Detect” section in your Admin Panel to get started today.
If you have any questions feel free to contact Hunter Williams at hunter[at]sourceaudio.com anytime.
» What is SSO and How Can It Work for My Company?
"Single Sign On"is a session/user authentication process that permits a user to enter one username and password in order to access multiple applications. This means your employees, team members, or partners who have credentials to access your own company systems (like email, etc.) can use those same credentials to login to your SourceAudio site. The benefits of using SSO are:
- Your employees/team members don't need to remember a unique login for your SourceAudio site -- they login with the credentials they're already using to access their company email etc. on a daily basis.
- You control your team members' access via your own internal systems so that when new users are added or accounts are deactivated those accounts are instantly enabled/disabled on your SourceAudio site as well.
- SourceAudio supports a hybrid solution where you can utilize SSO for your own team members while still being able to create individual user accounts via SourceAudio for your clients, partners, agents, freelancers or anyone else who needs access to your site who doesn't have a login for your internal systems.
» SSO/Shared Authentication Configurations We Support
There are many SSO/Shard Authentication configurations available and we currently support what we have found to be the most-widely used: SAML 2.0 and OAuth. If you utilize another configuration and would like to know if SSO/Shared Auth can work for you please contact your SourceAudio rep, provide any specific details/documentation you have on your SSO configuration, and we will get right back to you with further details on how we can proceed with your specific setup.
» How Do I Get Started?
Getting started is simple. Contact your SourceAudio rep today to let them know you're interested in proceeding with an SSO integration. Please provide your standard SSO documentation with your email so we know which configuration you're using. Once we evaluate your documentation we will get right back to you with a time/cost estimate for completing the project. SAML 2.0 and OAth projects tend to be very quick. Others may take longer depending on the method you're using. All SSO projects fall into our custom work category and because they require dedicated development and support, the dev time is billed at $200 per hour.
Feel free to reach out anytime if you have other questions regarding our SSO capabilities!
September updates at a glance: Interested Parties are the Writers and Publishers that have an ownership or royalty collection interest in any piece of music. Our Interested Parties tool, located in your Admin Panel, has been significantly redesigned to help you comply with ASCAP, BMI and SESAC work registration requirements and to better manage your Writer and Publisher relationships. Give these new features a whirl in the "Interested Parties" section of your Admin Panel!
PRO Compliance Highlights
- The "Split" field has been renamed to "Ownership Share". This is where you will now indicate copyright splits for each Writer and Original Publisher.
- Publishers can be assigned Collection Shares for different territories. This is where you will now indicate collection percentages for Sub-Publishers and Administrators in their respective territories.
- You can assign Roles to Publishers and Writers. Publisher Roles are either Original Publisher, Sub-Publisher, or Administrator; Writer Roles are either Composer, Author, Arranger, or Adaptor.
- Writers can be linked to their corresponding Original Publishers for each track.
- PRO Affiliations are now selected from a drop-down master list instead of just being a text box.
Writer & Publisher Relationship Management
- You can add notes and files (ie. docs, agreements, contracts) to people and companies so you can keep all of your detailed info on your writers and publishers in one easy-to-access location. Upload files and docs to any Writer/Publisher by dragging and dropping it onto their page within the Interested Parties tool.
- There are new fields for Interested Parties so you can add more information to each person/company. These include job title, contact info fields, and social media links. You can also add custom fields to your people/companies to track whatever we didn't think of.
- You can add multiple addresses, emails, and phone numbers per person/company.
- You can add people & companies to "groups", which can be emailed en masse in the email tool by typing the group name.
- If a person/company has multiple email addresses, only the one that's starred will receive the email. We call this the "preferred" email. If the person/company only has one email address, that one is automatically preferred.
- Importing and exporting Interested Parties supports all the new fields we added to people/companies.
- On the track details page, you can associate people & companies with tracks by editing the Publishers and Writers fields. The interface to do so has been significantly improved. Note that only companies can be publishers and only individuals can be writers.
- All of these new associations are exported and can be imported using the regular import/export tools. These spreadsheets can get big but it's all critical data that needs to be stored and reported so that all Interested Parties get paid on their performances!